Monday 15 December 2014

Change coming soon: Colony Of The Black Bat

You'd have to be truly blind to not notice the new Black Bat-specific blog banner (see what I did there?).  That's right, Miss Fury is being removed as a regular subject of this dark little corner of mine.

It's not that I don't enjoy the character, it's simply that she's barely on the radar. As I write this, there are six projects of interest to this blog going into 2015 (see box at top right). Miss Fury is maybe going to appear in only one of them; Masks 2 from Dynamite.

The name "colonyoftheblackbat.blogspot.com" will be applied in the new year, for those who may have this place bookmarked (probably my mom and one other person, but still...), so heads up.

I wish I could have come up with something better, but it's appropriate on a couple of levels.  The obvious one: A gathering of bats is called a colony (I sure as hell wasn't going to refer to a bat cave because of you-know-who).

The name can also be applied in three ways: in reference to the several versions of the character that are already in existence (hell, Dynamite has two and Moonstone will soon), to his entourage of Butch, Silk and Carol, or to the multitude of character with whom he has, or will, partner(ed). From time to time, a post will be dedicated to one of those guest-stars, similar to what was done for The Purple Scar earlier.

As for Fury, I'm certainly not going to remove past posts dedicated to her (ironically, when I began the blog, I thought it was a little too Fury-heavy) even if the amount of content about her may seem odd on a Black Bat blog for new visitors in the future. Rather, I hope she gives me cause to reverse the decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment