Monday 7 December 2015

Fighting Aliens With Ravenwood

Shortly after deciding to focus this blog specifically on The Black Bat, I considered starting a Facebook group through which I could "meet" other fans of the character and perhaps more easily find out about past, or upcoming projects.

Of course, I quickly found out about the existing Black Bat Facebook group. I was perfectly happy with having someone do my work for me until it became clear that the group was geared towards the Airship 27 / Moonstone versions. Nothing wrong with that, but not exactly what I was looking for (or more accurately, not a complete version).

So yesterday I started a Twitter account (@BlackBatQuinn) instead. And it took all of one day to pay off.

Aaron Smith was among the first writers that I sought to follow based on his work in the first two volumes of Airship 27's Black Back Mystery. Turns out he was a little more involved with the character than I'd known.


News to me. You wouldn't know it from the front cover...


...But it is clearly indicated on the back cover.

 ...the Stepson of Mystery once again sets out to solve bizarre mysteries the police are helpless to unravel. Follow along as he confronts an amazing killer robot, teams up with the Black Bat to fight an alien horror and investigates ritualistic murders having no rhyme or reason.
And just like that, we have an addition to the reading list.

Thanks for the follow, Mr. Smith, and for the info!

No comments:

Post a Comment