Monday 13 August 2018

More Black Bat Awesomeness From Andres Labrada

I have a spot on my wall dying to be covered with Black Bat art and while there are many images available that I would love to purchase, doing so doesn't appear to be particularly easy. Many artists display their work, but few of the ones I would purchase from offer that option. Perhaps it's more complicated than I realize, I truly don't get it.

In any event, I thought I would seek out one Andres Labrada about buying a print of the following image.


I love this and it would be perfect for my blank wall spot. It appeared in the second volume of Airship 27's Black Bat Mystery.

In my search, I came across a blog that the artist used to manage between 2010 and 2013 and some other scans of his from work done for that book. The two below caught my eye.




The blog post in which they're displayed is entitled "Pulp Covers" yet I doubt a cover would have the word "Meanwhile" running across the top.

It is further puzzling to note that a similar image appears in BBM2.  Same idea; a Frankenstein-looking monster crashes through a wall towards the Black Bat. It is far less detailed and makes me wonder why it would have been chosen over the above.

Doesn't make this one any less awesome though.

No comments:

Post a Comment