Sunday 7 April 2013

Mars Attacks Miss Fury!

I just stumbled into this image on Tumblr.  I had totally forgotten about it.

IDW Publishing released its January solicitations this past October.  Their theme for that month was that "Mars Attacks everyone".  Oddly enough, that cover is for a book in which Mars Attacks...Popeye.
Mars Attacks Popeye
Martin Powell (w) • Terry Beatty (a) • Ray Dillon (c)
The weekly event of the year starts on the second day of the year! Mars Attacks Martians invade five different IDW timelines and universes this month, starting with their assault on Sweethaven. How can Popeye, Alice the Goon, the Sea Hag the rest of the one-eyed sailor’s friends and foes possibly contend with this threat from beyond the stars?
I don't pretend to understand the reasoning behind using Miss Fury on the cover, but I don't have to pretend that I think it's quite cool. The cover was drawn by J. Bone, who includes additional sketches on his blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment