Wednesday 11 January 2017

Some Black Bat Art by Eder Messias and John Castelhano

I'm struggling to find details about the page below. It is referred to as a "page test" by Brazil's Eder Messias on his deviantart page so perhaps the point was to use it as submission material.


That is the Dynamite Comics version of The Black Bat, published in 2014, if I recall correctly. I've only seen two other pages by Messias, including the one below, inked by John Castelhano.


I could have sworn that was a re-creation of a cover from that 12-issue series but damned if I can find it now, so perhaps it isn't. Even if it is, it's a good one.

See more of John Castelhano ink work in this particular photo folder on his Facebook page. It includes several other classic characters such as Red Sonja, Vampirella and Miss Fury.

No comments:

Post a Comment