Thursday 28 January 2016

El Murciélago Negro

So I want to learn Spanish. My sister married a gentleman from Cuba and while his English is very good, I want to be better able to communicate with members of his family who don't speak English at all.

My first language is actually French. I began to learn the English language around the age of nine and reading comics was a big part of accomplishing that. I plan to apply the same method to Spanish and doing so with...The Black Bat!

The image at right is lifted from the Proyecto Pulp blog. It has a page specific to a fan fiction project called the "Liga De Los Hombres Misteriosos".

Aside from our favourite masked nemesis of crime, the story (apparently entitled "The Enemy Within") also includes The Green Lama, Ki-Gor, Captain Future and Secret Agent X. Covers to subsequent volumes also display The Spider.

If those covers are to be trusted, The Black Bat seems to be active throughout most of the volumes. I was able to locate the first one on Wattpad. It is only 20 pages long but that's quite all right since it will be a slow process to make my way through it. And assuming The Bat continues to have a prominent role throughout the rest of the volumes, I'll take those in as well.

The cover to volume one was drawn by Carlos Rios. The images below are the work of one Jose Bai Xau Li and were also used as covers for La Liga (issues five and seven respectively, I believe). You can view more of his work on his deviantart page.



No comments:

Post a Comment