Saturday 6 February 2016

Recent Page Updates

No specific news about Black Bat appearances to report at this time, just some updates to a couple of pages that regular visitors (if such a thing exists for this blog) may have missed.

Originally, I was hopeful of finding a couple of dozen covers or so to display from the German Black Bat novels that were published in the 60s and 70s.

I have been far more successful than anticipated. As I write this, there are 38 uploaded onto the "German version" page located under the banner and I have more than 50 more squirreled away on my hard drive waiting to be cleaned up and added.

If nothing else, It's interesting to see the styles change over the years. The first few are very colourful and flamboyant. They get darker over time and for a while, many included only an outline of the Bat's face over the scene of a crime. You can get a feel for that even from the small sample size currently posted.

There quite a few on which the Black Bat doesn't appear at all, making me question if he's even the subject of the story. Even if he is, I may not bother including those ones. Or if they are included, they'll be among the last ones posted.

I also finished the Moonstone Covers page, including solicitation material for books that were never released.

Though disappointing at the time, I think it can now be considered a blessing in disguise. Moonstone's first attempt at publishing new Black Bat material was rather poor. Their take on the character bore little resemblance to the source material. He wasn't particularly likeable on any level. But the various projects that Moonstone has planned for 2016, both prose and comic format, seem to be on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment